“It is impossible to fight a battle or a war if you are sick. That is why we must keep our bodies and brains healthy – and be proactive about what we are feeding ourselves, our families, and our communities.” – Tisha Casida
On the long road to restoring liberty, I find it imperative that we focus some time and attention on our health. And what we need to focus on is simple – our immune systems.
Let me qualify this by saying I am not a licensed anything and certainly not a doctor. I am a young woman with no insurance who has decided I would rather put my money into preventing disease versus paying to alleviate the symptom (not the problem).
In a movie called Dr. Burzynski (a must watch for anyone who questions the FDA’s authority and actual purpose), a doctor says something to the effect of, ‘ask the head of the American Medical Association what prevents disease and they will tell you ‘the immune system’ – if this is the case, why don’t doctors write prescriptions for boosting one’s immune system?’. I hope this point hits home.
So, in an effort to streamline our health, I have developed a core list of products (subject to change, review, and be added to with input from others), that I would like to share.
1. Protein: It is imperative that we eat quality proteins because these are the building blocks of our bodies. By high-quality, I mean it is best that you know the source of your protein (where did the animal come from?, where was it slaughtered?, and what did it eat? are good questions to start with). What we are trying to avoid are un-natural added growth hormones, antibiotics, and other chemicals that become a part of processed meat (nitrates, nitrites, artificial colorings, saline solution, etc.). Raw milk is also a great source of protein (it has all 8 essential amino acids, depending on the farmer/area). We must start to know our farmers and producers (especially when it comes to consuming raw milk) – find out where your meat or milk comes from and make a stand on eating high-quality products where you know the food-chain. You will find that high-quality protein products taste better and allow you to support the local economy. Beyond that, you create a positive action for your health and the environment.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Although vinegar is acidic, it has been shown that it actually causes people’s pH levels to become more alkaline. The more alkaline your body is, the less chance there is for disease to subsist or proliferate. That includes discouraging bacterial, fungal, and yeast growth – each which has corresponding negative effects on the human body. You can take just a small bit every day, either by itself or in water/juice.
3. Green Drink: There are many mixes and concoctions that you can purchase – but the purpose of these is to get more “greens” in your diet. Most Americans do not eat enough fruits and vegetables. We know this. And, you can take a “green powder pill”, but I am not confidant your body absorbs it the same. Getting a green drink mixture and mixing it in organic fruit juice (organic, no-sugar-added cranberry juice is the best choice) at least helps supplement the body with “greens” so that you get much-needed vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll, micro-nutrients, and antioxidants. All good for your immune system and body at-large.
4. Omega 3,6, and 9 Fatty Acids: DO NOT BE AFRAID OF FAT. High-quality fats are incredibly good for your body, including your brain and skin. The attack on fats and cholesterol have been very dangerous to the health of Americans, and we must counter this by consuming fats that are good for us. This includes olive oil (as well as many other oils, just avoid canola and “vegetable” oil that most likely have traces of GMOs), organic butter, organic dairy products (like raw milk) and my favorite: cod liver oil. You can find a cod liver oil supplement at your local health food store, and this can be taken in either in a pill or with a spoon (again, I prefer not taking pills whenever possible because of the levels of absorption in your body).
5. Clean Water: If you live in the city, it is hard to imagine what this really means. Unfortunately, public water systems are often tainted with chemicals that the government claims are “good” for you and “protect your health”. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is essential that we drink pure water because it is the filtration system for our body. You can find filters that help get rid of some of these particles, you can also purchase spring water and high-quality filtered water. My favorite water supplement for water is a product called “Cellfood”, which you can add to your pure water – this is an oxygen/nutrient supplement.
6. Vitamins and Nutritional Supplements: For further review and research, the following are additional means of adding nutrients to your diet that will boost your immune system, and build your body and brain: All B-Vitamins, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Vitamin A, Probiotics, Colostrum, and Elderberry.
It is impossible to fight a battle or a war if you are sick. That is why we must keep our bodies and brains healthy – and be proactive about what we are feeding ourselves, our families, and our communities. It is up to us to take responsibility for our health. Being proactive and protecting our body from disease is the right thing to do for our own well-being as well as for the fight to restore sound economic principles and constitutionality to our country.
– Tisha Casida